Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Eggads, er, egads. . .

There was another egg in Ezra's cage when I came home from work. This one is almost completely round in shape. Very strange.

And egads, this is the poem I resorted to ILL to obtain. It's hard to justify the effort many people had to go to provide me with it:

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

The spring
in

her step
has

turned to
fall.

A.R. Ammons, Brink Road

I think we'd find more to discuss in this Ammons poem:

GOOD MORNING, THIS MORNING

Death is very common but not,
I hear, 100% effective; one,

once, unjustly, I suppose, hung
up, downed, rose, a rising

that delivered death to plenitudes
in scatterings, swingings, stakes

of grubbed up flesh (set afire),
limbs, heads cut off, etc.: is

this a small price to pay for
something to believe in: nature

is just here, a lovely if careless
spread, and its dynamics, seen

to and smoothed out, can be
suggestive: otherwise, the fridge's

clean but for what we ourselves
devise: belief, at any cost,

serves life: let life do without.



Otherwise, I read fanfic. I feel no remorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...