Friday, January 27, 2006

The time has come, the walrus said

Thanks to Sandra and her husband, who had a business trip to Charlotte, I now have a copy of Emma Richler's Feed My Dear Dogs, which has yet to be published in the States, despite my conviction that it ought to be. I've been a fan of Richler's since I read Sister Crazy back in 2002; this promises an even more in-depth view of the ever-so-quirky (and bookish!) Weiss family, who are, of course, the fictional counterparts of the Mordecai Richler family (I have yet to read anything by Mordecai, although I've gone so far as to check a novel out of the library).

I'm looking forward to reading it as soon as I finish the ever-so-quirky Moby Dick, which is leaving me scant time to read anything else on the side.

A few quick links—

A librarian is my hero.

Peter Shaffer's Equus a stabbing success with second graders.

And of course, happy birthday to Lewis Carroll, born today in 1832.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...