Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Orange Prize Long List

Rosie Alison. The Very Thought of You

Eleanor Catton. The Rehearsal

Clare Clark. Savage Lands

Amanda Craig. Hearts and Minds

Roopa Farooki. The Way Things Look to Me

Rebecca Gowers. The Twisted Heart

M.J. Hyland. This is How

Sadie Jones. Small Wars

Barbara Kingsolver. The Lacuna

Laila Lalami. Secret Son

Andrea Levy. The Long Song

Attica Locke. Black Water Rising

Maria McCann. The Wilding

Hilary Mantel, Wolf Hall
.
Nadifa Mohamed. Black Mamba Boy

Lorrie Moore. A Gate at the Stairs

Monique Roffey. The White Woman on the Green Bicycle

Amy Sackville. The Still Point

Kathryn Stockett. The Help

Sarah Waters. The Little Stranger

I've read only the Moore and the Waters and have the Kingsolver and Mantel at hand. A lot of these I've never even heard of.

2 comments:

  1. I've only read The Little Stranger and have the Sadie Jones and Hilary Mantel on my reading pile--quite a few are new to me as well. I've requested a few that sound interesting from the library, but only about half (or just over) have even been published in the US. Somehow this prize seems like more fun if you're in the UK....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the Stockett, am about to read the Moore (for ToB) and have Mantel on deck. I've only heard great things about the Locke, and I want to read the Waters, but have had Fingersmith on my shelf forever, so can't justify the new one till I knock off the old one.

    ReplyDelete

A bang, not a whimper

  Two months into L.'s retirement, and I'm finished with the stockpiling of books. No more book purchases! Or at least, no purcha...